Recipes to Fuel Your Potential
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Can be made vegan or with Paleo Substitutions
> 4 medium-sized zucchinis
> 1# ground meat (beef, chicken turkey;
may sub 1.75 cups cooked lentils or tempeh)
> 1/2 cup diced onion
> 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 2 tsp chili powder
> 2 tsp ground cumin
> 1⁄2 tsp oregano
> salt + pepper to taste
> 4 oz can diced green chili’s
> 12 oz jar salsa
> 3⁄4 cup cheese (cheddar, Colby jack,
Mexican blend, and/or pepper jack)
> 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes
> Fresh cilantro for garnish
> Cutting board
> Measuring cups + spoons
> Wooden spoon
> Baking dish
> Large skillet pan
1. Set out ingredients + get your equipment
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Place 1⁄2 cup salsa in the bottom of a large
baking dish + spread around evenly.
4. Cut off the ends of the zucchini + slice
lengthwise. Scoop out the middle. Place cut
side up in the baking dish.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat + add
cooking oil of your choice. Add onion + sauté
for ~2 minutes.
6. Add the ground meat + break up with
wooden spoon while cooking (if using lentils
or tempeh, cook to package instructions).
7. Once the meat is no longer pink, add
garlic, spices, chili’s, salt + pepper to taste,
chopped tomatoes and remaining salsa.
8. Mix together until everything is combined
+ cook for 3-5 more minutes.
9. Divide mixture into the zucchini boats,
pressing in firmly. Add cheese (if using).
Cover with foil + bake 30 minutes or until
10. Top with cilantro. Serve with a salad, rice,
cauliflower rice, corn, or whatever else you
enjoy + fits your dietary preferences.