Nine Keys to Success at CrossFit Full Potential
- WORK HARD: Really hard. You should be drained after you work out. We want you to modify and be smart, but your modification should still be challenging enough to breed results. INTENSITY = RESULTS. We believe in the theory of Relative Intensity. If you do a 7minute 800m run when someone else does a 7minute mile and you both finish feeling the same way, we’re equally proud of both of you!
- BE PUNCTUAL: A wise man once told me, “If you’re not early, you’re late.” Be the first to class and the last to leave. You’ll learn from watching others train and discussing training ideas with each other. The more time you take before and after the workout to stretch, roll, and mobilize, the less chance you have of being injured.
- BE COACHABLE: We have no other purpose here than making you better. When we tell you a rep doesn’t count, it’s because we want you to reach your full potential. Do it again and make it count! If we tell you that you need a day off, you should take a day off. We know about training. If you think you know better, you shouldn’t be paying us. Ask questions. We want to share ALL of our knowledge with you. We love this stuff and want you to feel the same way.
- HAVE FUN: We want you to let loose when you’re here. Take your training seriously, but if it’s not fun, you’re doing it wrong. Laugh, yell, crack jokes, do cartwheels … just have fun.
- GET UNCOMFORTABLE: Once in a while you have to get out of your comfort zone. If you expect to see a change doing the same old thing, you’re dreaming. Coach Glassman said it best: “We fail at the margins of our experience.”
- EAT WELL: We’ve got lots of nutrition information for you. We’ve seen people do it every way … and we know what works!
- BE POSITIVE: Don’t whine; nobody wants to hear it! Get excited about the challenges you conquer in the gym. Don’t be a downer … positive thought will go a long way to make you healthier and happier!!
- LOG IT: The scientist and fact-checkers in the room will agree; good data is observable, measurable, and repeatable. To get the best results from your training you need to have good data to tell you where you’ve been and what you’ve done. If you don’t know what you’ve lifted in the past, how will you know what to lift today? Take this part of your training seriously if you want to get positive results long-term. We have custom log books for sale in the gym, or you can use a notebook or a smartphone app.
- GET INVOLVED: One of the best things about CrossFit is that it’s more than just a workout, it is a community. We need you to help keep the atmosphere positive; congratulate each other, coach each other, cheer each other on. Our community helps promote us outside the gym at 5Ks, mud runs, triathlons, PTA meetings. We use our budget to keep the facility clean, equipment up to date, and our coaches well educated. We need you to be our street team!!