This is a post from Lisbeth Darsh, owner of CrossFit Watertown. Lisbeth is the Director of Social Media for CrossFit HQ and has been a big help to me in the affiliation process. This is what I love about CrossFit!
15 Things CrossFit Has Taught Me About Life:
1. If I think it’s heavy, it will feel heavy.
2. If I complain, no one wants to stand near me . . . except other complainers.
3. Finishing last is okay sometimes.
4. Finishing first feels great . . . if a bit lonely.
5. Mom was right: Stand up straight.
6. Shakespeare was right: The empty vessels make the loudest noise.
7. Keep quiet and pay attention and you’ll learn a lot.
8. Nothing feels better than that first big breath of air after you’ve deprived yourself of oxygen.
9. “Power” doesn’t mean it has an external motor.
10. “Squat” means a LOT more than the phrase “doesn’t mean squat.”
11. If someone near you yells “Oh sh**!”, jump to the side. Really, really fast.
12. What goes up does come down. Even if it only goes halfway up. And that’s usually worse.
13. If you’re going to do something, you might as well do it right.
14. Cheaters think they win. But everybody knows the truth.
15. What you put into life, you get out of life. So don’t quit. And don’t stop. Drive onward, always onward.